Each year clubs are asked to donate to the Rotary Foundation through a number of mechanisms. Member contributions, Club contributions, Polio Plus projects, Paul Harris Society memberships and the like. Over the last four years 9940 has a fabulous record of achievement, and we can celebrate contributing over one million dollars to the foundation. You can see your clubs share of this contribution in the table below.
The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. Its motto is simply “Doing Good in the World”.
The District Foundation Committee has set the following Goals for 2015/16:
- Have the District Grant funds for 2015/16 fully committed and used by Rotary Clubs in our District to fulfill club projects
- Submit and commence a new District Global Grant project
- Support a District Vocational Scholar
- Submit to RI a District Peace Fellow applicant
- Increase Foundation and Polio-Plus giving by 5% over 2014/15
- Increase the number of Paul Harris Society members to 20
- Support a Vocational Training Team if proposed by the DG
Our District Committee are keen to continue this strong tradition of participation. Clubs are encouraged to set and achieve your Rotary Foundation giving goal, and contribute to projects listed above.
Trish and Alan Brown from Hutt City run the District Foundation Fund-raising and Promotion Sub-Committee., and are available to visit and provide support to your club. You can contact them email@example.com or 027 280 4141.